How SolutionsHub started – walking the walk
I previously worked for most of my career in the regulated fiduciary sector where I specialised in obtaining licences for remote gambling businesses.
In 2016 I started considering establishing my own advisory firm. My intention was simple; I worked for many years advising startups, but never had the responsibility or control of one myself. I wanted to challenge myself, prove I could “walk the walk” and improve my life and the life of my family. Through the support of my Fiancee, ZIta, I decided to back myself and opened SolutionsHub in June 2016.
Three years down the line, we have an amazing team, brilliant clients who have been with us from the beginning, rapidly growing customer base and revenues, and still at the forefront of everything blockchain. Stressful? Of course. Rewarding? Exponentially.
How did SolutionsHub become leaders in blockchain?
I was in Dubai in 2015 helping businesses establish Bitcoin exchanges in the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre until the treatment of their activities changed and we had to move them to different jurisdictions.
In Q4 2016 we were engaged to assist with a world-first blockchain gambling licence. Despite the many challenges, as gambling regulation and licensing experts driven by achieving what others find too difficult, we relished the challenge which resulted in the world’s first blockchain gambling license.
In 2017 we recognised an opportunity to lead the blockchain funding space by utilising the Isle of Man’s uniquely flexible Designated Business Act regulations to launch AML/CFT-compliant ICOs, culminating in advising the Isle of Man’s first hard-capped ICO at $40m and numerous other successful offerings.
In 2018 we continued our work with the blockchain community by expanding our syndicate and professional services networks, helping professionalise syndicates into exempt schemes, speaking at several industry events in Europe and passing the first IOM GSC crypto audit.
In 2019 we secured the first approval for a blockchain sports book, a significant achievement given the complexity of the infrastructure and are currently working to solve various banking security and operational problems for exchanges.
We’ve achieved a lot in a short time at SolutionsHub and we’re really proud of our work. Here are some highlights:
- EGR Award for Cryptocurrency Services Supplier 2019
- Obtained world’s first blockchain gambling licence in early 2017 for an Ethereum lottery
- Advised the Isle of Man’s first hard-capped ICO ($40m)
- Secured fiat banking facilities for crypto betting and initial coin offering funded businesses
- Designed and implemented world first player protection solutions for crypto and skins, ensuring players are guaranteed 100% of their deposits and winnings
- Obtained FSA approvals for gambling operators seeking crypto funding via initial coin offerings
- Passed the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision’s Commission’s first crypto funding audit 2018
- Executed JV with digital asset custody provider. Insurance is underwritten by London-based A-rated insurer against loss or theft
- Assisted in over $200m in finances coming into the gambling industry, supporting the first round of innovation since peer-to-peer betting exchanges we introduced over a decade ago
- Named Acquisition International’s 2019 Recognised Leader in Crypto and Blockchain Gambling Licensing
Contact SolutionsHub to find out how we can help your business, book a consultation now